Ram Raksha Copper Ring
Product Code A1138
Shiva (Purusha) and Shakthi (Prakriti) are the manifestations of one Antharyami. Of all the many Avatars or avatāra (Devanagari अवतार, Sanskrit) of Antharyami, the maryadha purushothama, Sri Rama's name, had remainined easy and beautiful source for spiritual enlightenment or moksha (Sanskrit: मोक्ष mokṣa) or mukti (Sanskrit: मुक्ति).
Rama's name is more potent than Rama Himself had been exemplified in many instances of great devotees' lives.
Valmiki, just by repeatedly uttering 'Ma-Ra' (not even Ra-ma), could create the greatest epic Ramayanam. Hanuman, just by doing Rama nama japam could cross seas, fight rakshasas, monsters, carry Sanjeevani parvatham, could save Rama and Lakshmana from Mahiravana, could become Chiranjeevin. Hanuman, Samarth Ramdas, Tulasidas, Kabirdas, Thyagaraja, Ramadasu, Sai Baba, Papa Ramdas, Gandhi, Yogi Ramsuratkumar are some of the greatest devotees who believed in Sri Rama Japam and could do wonders on their own right, speaks volumes on Nama Japam.
Though the Almighty has thousands of names (sahasranama), Rama nama japam is ideal for everyone. The name Ra-ma is combination of MaheshwaRA-MAheshwari, denoting one Almighty, who is Ardhanarishvara (Sanskrit: अर्धनारीश्वर, Ardhanārīśvara), who is the single entity of Shiva (Purusha) and Shakthi (Prakriti), one who pervades everything - known and unknown - Antharyami.
Even breathing of all the living beings signify Ra-ma.
Purusha (absolute consciousness) / Maheshwa'Ra', initiates the living-beings to use the life force Prakriti (absolute energy) / 'Ma'heshwari. During inhalation and exhalation, both Shiva and Shakthi are in union, or co-exist, so life exists. When we do Rama nama japam, we do Pranayama, or conscious breathing, focussing on 'Ra-ma' (Inhalation/Exhalation), leading to God-realization.
Birbal was a minister in the court of Akbar. Birbal, apart from his sharp intellect, was also a devotee of Sri Rama. Akbar had a special regard for Birbal. Akbar used to openly ask Birbal to clarify his impulsive - and very often strange doubts. Birbal never failed to give an immediate and a fitting reply to such questions. Wherever Akbar went, he used to take Birbal along with him. During one such instance, when they travelled for some official purpose, they had to take a route through a dense forest. In the course of the journey, both were totally exhausted and famished. So they decided to rest under the shade of a tree for a while before continuing their journey. Since Akbar was very hungry, he wanted to look around the place to see if he can find a house to get some food. He induced Birbal to follow suit. But Birbal who was in the midst of Rama Nama Japam (Repetition of Rama Nama), turned down Akbar's request.
Akbar looked at Birbal.
'Mere chanting of the names of the Lord would not fetch you food. You have to put in your efforts.... You cannot achieve anything without self effort...'
Akbar left Birbal in the pursuit of pacifying his belly. In a little while he spotted a house. The inmates of the house were overjoyed to see their King coming to their very doorstep for food. They treated him to the best of their capacity. Akbar finished his meal and took a little food for Birbal too and left the house to meet Birbal. He met Birbal and gave him the food.
'See Birbal, I told you... I took some efforts for the food and I got it. You were just sitting and chanting Rama Nama , and you did not get any food.'
Birbal ignored his scoffing and partook the food given by Akbar. After he finished the meal, he looked up at Akbar and said,
'I have just now experienced the power of Rama nama, like never before.You are the ruler of the land. But today even the King had to beg for food. But you look at me. I was just chanting Rama Nama here and the Rama Nama made the king himself to get me food, that too by begging. So I got the food, just by sitting here and chanting Rama nama without any other special efforts. Such is the power of Rama Nama!!'
- In Brhad-visnu-sahasranama-stotra, Uttara-khanda, Padma Purana 72.335, Lord Shiva addressed his wife, Parvati:
- Neem Karoli Baba encouraged the constant repetition of "Ram" in order to become closer to God, saying "By taking the name of Ram, everything is accomplished."
- "People do not know what the Name of God can do. Those who repeat it constantly alone know its power. It can purify our mind completely... The Name can take us to the summit of spiritual experience." - Papa Ramdas
- Papa Ramdas initiated Yogi Ramsuratkumar into the holy mantra : " Om Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram ", by pronouncing it thrice in his ears. Yogi Ramsuratkumar often refers to this instance as his "death", since from this moment on, his ego no longer existed, and he had a profound spiritual experience.
- Yogi Ramsuratkumar states "This beggar learnt at the feet of Swami Ramdas the divine name of Rama, and beg, beg all of you not to forget the divine name Rama. Whatever you do, wherever you are, be like Anjaneya -Maruthi thinking of Rama and doing your actions in this world. Live in the world and the problems will be there. If we are remembering the Divine name, we are psychologically sound. May be, we may feel a little some of the problems. Even then the intensity with which we feel if we don't have faith in God is much more than a man of faith - a man who remembers the name of Rama. So this beggar is always begging, begging for food, begging for clothes, begging that you should compose songs on this beggar, build a house for me - a cottage for me - this thing - that thing - so many things. But this beggar will beg of you this also, and you are always giving what this beggar has begged. So this beggar begs please don't forget the name of God. This Divine name has been always of great help to all in the world. You read Kabir, Tulsi, Sur, Appar Swamy, Manickavasaga Swamy - how they emphasized Namasivaya. Don't forget it- this is your heart- this is your soul. Whether it be Om Namasivaya or Om Namo Narayana whether Rama, Siva or Krishna whatever name you choose, whatever form you choose doesn't matter."
- Sri Muralidhara swamiji believes that Nama Kirtan (singing the name of the Lord) is the easiest way to perform Bhakti and attain liberation in this Kali Yuga. Srimad Bhagavatam and many other scriptures in Sanatana Dharma advocate this as the simplest means to attain the Lord. Scriptures say, “While mental repetition of the Divine Names leads to the good of the individual, chanting the Divine Names loudly purifies the chanter, the listener and the very place where the chanting is done.” In keeping with the Kali Santarana Upanishad, Sri Swamiji advocates the Singing of the Maha Mantra as the only way to overcome the ills of worldly existence and attain divine bliss.
There was a great saint called Lakshmidharar in Puri, who had written a book called Bagavannama kowmudhi which was a nama siddhantha grantham. Vishwadikendrar had also instructed Bodhendrar to collect this book on his way back and wanted him to master that that book too. He then came to Puri had darshan of Lord Jagannath and then went to Lakshmidharar’s house. Lakshmidharar had passed away and his son Jagannatha Pandit was there. It was evening and the house was locked from inside. Bodhendrar not wanting to disturb them sat down outside the house and started meditating.
A few days earlier an event had happened there. A couple from south India had come on a yatra to Kasi. One night when they were staying in that village the husband woke up the next morning and found that his wife was missing. He searched for her the next morning and could not find her. He then told the villagers about this and they said that some Muslims would come in the night and kidnap any women they find and take them to be with them as their mistress. The husband felt very bad hearing this but dint want to stop his Kasi yatra because of this.
He completed his yatra and was returning back through the same village that day. He was performing his rituals in the river and a Muslim lady seeing him came running to him and started crying to him. He then realised that it was his wife. When he asked her what had happened, she told him that there was no time now and that they have to escape now and promised to tell him what happened later. They then ran through the forest and came to a safer place. The lady then told him that they had kidnapped her in the night by tying her mouth with a cloth and ravished her. She then asked her husband to save her from them and asked him to have her as maid if not as a wife. The husband then told her that if the sastras allowed this he would take her. They then decided to come to see Jaganatha Pandit to check with him on what the Dharma sastras say.
The couple reached Jaganatha Pandit’s house the same night to ask him what the Dharma Sastras say. Bodhendrar was meditating outside the house and they knocked the door to wake up Jaganatha Pandit. When he opened the door they told him their story and feel on his feet asking him to give them a solution. Hearing this he asked her to say Rama Rama Rama and after that they could live together. As he said this his mother who was seated inside asked him why he degraded the power of Rama Nama by asking them to say it 3 times and told him that his father would ask even the biggest sinner to utter Rama only once and that would take care of removing all his sins. Bodhendrar who was sitting there now stood up and asked Jaganatha Pandit if there was any proof for what he was saying. Jaganatha Pandit then said that his father’s book had the proof for the same. Bodhendrar then asked him to show the book. Bodhenrar finished reading the book the same night with the help of a small lamp. The next day he called the couple and Jaganatha Pandit and said that the sastras were true and that his father had mentioned very clearly what he told yesterday, but the outside world wouldn’t believe this. Bodhendrar then asked the couple to go to the river and take a dip after chanting Rama nama. He then said that though she is now wearing a Muslim dress once she takes a dip after chanting Rama nama she will get back to her old attire and become as pure as how she was before she left her husband. The entire city gathered on the river bank to see this event. The lady came and prostrated Bodhendral and he asked her if she believes that by saying Rama nama all her sins would go away. The lady said that she doesn’t know about Rama nama but she believes him and considers him as her guru. She then said Rama and took a dip in the river. As she came out she had flowers in her head, kumkum in her forehead and turmeric applied all over her body. On seeing this everyone started chanting Rama nama and she happily went to her husband. The couple then prostrated to Bodhendral and took his blessing. Bodhendral then continued his yatra to south India.
Many Hindu scriptures and philosophers could portend the difficulties people will face, to evolve spiritually in Kali yuga. For Kali yuga, this is the best, or the simplest way of God Realization. The prevailing situations and surroundings we are in, do not help us to meditate peacefully, do the yogas as enshrined in the spiritual scriptures. Hence Nama Japam is the ultimate, and simplest way of seeing Almighty in us and in everything.
Bhishma considered chanting of the Vishnu sahasranama the best and easiest of all dharmas, or the means to attain relief from all bondage - Gita." 
Adi Sankaracharya, the Advaita enlightened master, in verse 27 of his hymn, Bhaja Govindam, said that the Gita and Vishnu sahasranama should be chanted and the form of the Lord of Lakshmi, Vishnu should always be meditated on. He also said that the Sahasranama bestowed all noble virtues on those who chanted it.
The Almighty has mentioned in Srimad Bhagawad Gita, that He resides in the hearts of those who chant and sing His namas.
Bala Kanda Parayana
Ayodhya Kanda – Part I Parayana
Aranya Kanda Parayana
Kishkindha Kanda Parayana
Sundara Kanda Parayana
Yuddha Kanda - Part I Parayana
రాముని కంటె మహత్తరమైనది రామనామం. రామ రావణ యుద్ధానికి ముందు రాముడు, వానరసేన సముద్రాన్ని దాటి లంకా నగరానికి వెళ్ళవలసి ఉంది. దానికోసం సముద్రంపై సేతువు నిర్మించతలపెట్టారు. సేతు నిర్మాణం కోసం సముద్రంలో వేస్తున్న రాళ్ళపై రామనామాన్ని రాసి సముద్రంలో వేస్తున్నారు వానరులు. ఆ రాళ్ళు మునిగిపోకుండా చక్కగా తేలుతూ సేతు నిర్మాణం జరుగుతోంది. ఇది చూసిన రాముడు సముద్రంలో రాళ్ళు మునిగిపోకుండా అలా తేలడం చూసి ఆశ్చర్యపోయిన రాముడు తను కూడా ఓ రాయిని వేసాడు. అయితే చిత్రంగా అది మునిగిపోయింది. ఆశ్చర్యంతో రాముడు, మీరు వేసిన రాయి చక్కగా తేలుతూ సేతు నిర్మాణం జరగడానికి సహకరించింది. మరి నేను వేసిన రాయి ఎందుకు మునిగిపోయిందని హనుమంతుని ప్రశ్నించాడు. దానికి హనుమంతుడు ప్రభూ... అదే రామనామ మహిమ. మేము రాళ్ళపై రామనామాన్ని లిఖించి వేస్తున్నాం. ఆ నామ మహిమ రాళ్ళను మునగకుండా చేస్తుంది. కాని మీరు నామాన్ని లిఖించకుండా వేసారు. అందుకే అది మునిగిపోయింది’’ అని చెప్పాడు. దీన్ని బట్టి రామనామ స్మరణ ఎంత శక్తివంతమైనదో తెలుస్తోంది.
రామనామం జ్ఞానాన్ని, జన్మరాహిత్యాన్ని కలుగచేస్తుంది. ముఖ్యంగా గ్రహాలలో మనందరం ఎక్కువగా భయపడేది శనిగ్రహానికే. ఆ శని బాధలనుండి మనల్ని రక్షించేది తారకమంత్రం రామనామం. ఓసారి హనుమంతుడ్ని ఆవహించి తన ప్రభావం చూపాలని వెళ్లాడు. శని వెళ్ళే సమయానికి హనుమంతుడు రామనామ జపంలో మునిగి ఉన్నాడు. సరే అని ఆ జపం ఆపిన తరువాత తన పని చేద్దామనుకున్నాడు శని. కాని నిరంతర రామనామ జప దురంధరుడు మారుతి రామనామ స్మరణను ఆపితేనా...! ఎంతకీ రామనామ జపం ఆపకపోవడంతో ఇక తప్పదు ఎలాగైనా అతడిని ఆవహించాలని ఆంజనేయుడు జపంలో ఉండగానే ముందుకు కదిలాడు శనిదేవుడు. కాని రామనామ ప్రభావం... కనీసం ఆంజనేయుని చేరనైనా చేరలేకపోయాడు. దాంతో ‘రామ’నామ స్మరణ చేసేవారిని చేరడం అసాధ్యమని గ్రహించి వెనుతిరిగి పోయాడు శని.